“Know Where Know Why”
The “Know Where Know Why” campaign aims to proactively communicate with the traveling public about Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT)’s 25 biggest roadway construction projects to help them better plan ahead. As part of the campaign, UDOT provides the following communication tools:
- New Interactive Website – The website features an interactive map identifying the locations of UDOT projects statewide. Information on construction schedule and expected travel delays is also provided for each project. The site offers features including the ability to view cameras within construction zones and access incident, weather, and Variable Message Sign information.
- UDOT’s 2011 Road Construction Guide – The guide features the 2011 top 25 projects and is available at more than 200 SUBWAY restaurants statewide and 600 hotels, motels, rental car companies, travel and tourism bureaus and visitors centers.
- Text Updates – The public can text UDOT to subscribe to weekly update texts or text UDOT at any time to receive the most current information.
- Traffic Concierge Email – UDOT distributes a weekly email called the Traffic Concierge to statewide lodging properties, car rental desks and visitors centers. This program helps the front desk staff provide guests with information and alternate routes when giving travel directions.
- Radio & Broadcast Announcements – UDOT has partnered with a variety of radio and broadcast stations to provide regular segments about significant construction projects affecting weekday commutes as well as weekend and holiday travel times.
Website: Link to URL
Topics: Safety Campaigns; Work Zone Safety