The ARTBA Work Zone Safety Consortium Online Learning System provides free training and education to the transportation construction community. The consortium, funded by a Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) grant, brought together leaders in government, labor, and industry to determine the future in training transportation industry workers.
Individuals can take the courses to improve their knowledge and understanding in specific construction environments, and trainers can use this system to track the progress of individual students. Users will be awarded a certificate upon successful completion of a course.
Here is a full list of all the FREE consortium courses and links to directly enroll:
- Work Zone Clear Zones, Buffer Spaces & Positive Protection Deflection Distances
- Using Smart Work Zone Technology to Improve Work Space Access Point Safety
- Designing Work Space Access Points to Better Accommodate Large Trucks
- Separating Large Trucks from Non-Truck Traffic in Work Zones
- Applying the Americans with Disabilities Act to Work Zones
- Fall Training Programs
- Improving Large Truck Safety in Work Zones
- Portable Changeable Message Signs
- Reducing Risks to Motorcycles in Texas Work Zones
- Speed Management
- Temporary Traffic Control Devices
- Work Zone Access/Egress
- Work Zone Safety for Motorcycles and Bicycles
- Work Zone Traffic Incident Management
- Night Work in Work Zones
- Working Outdoors
Other Online Training
Other online training is available from these organizations.