Anatomy of a Construction Work ZoneAbstract:
Every work zone usually has five parts:
1) Advance warning area (tells traffic what to expect ahead)
2) Transition area (moves traffic out of its normal path)
3) Buffer area (provides protection for traffic and workers)
4) Work area (space set aside for workers, equipment and material storage)
5) Termination area (lets traffic resume normal driving).
Publisher: Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Publication Date: Spring 2001
The Clearinghouse has a copy of this item.
Topics: Work Zone Safety