Utility Work Zone Traffic Control GuidelinesAbstract:
Provides an introduction to utility work zone operations and presents recommendations for several important aspects of safety related to utility work, including the establishment of a safety culture in the organization, the use of uniform and consistent traffic control devices and systems, and the development of a set of typical temporary traffic control plans (TTCP) that are appropriate for specific types of work sites.
Table of Contents:
– Work Duration
– Utility Work Zone Crashes and Risks
– Why Is Uniformity Important?
– Rationale for Utility Work Zone Guidelines
– Why Use Different Utility Work Zone Traffic Control Plans?
– How Is an Appropriate Utility Work Zone Traffic Control Plan Selected?
– Considering Pedestrian Safety and Mobility
– Traffic Control Devices and Worker Safety Equipment
– Practicing Safety Culture
– Aerial Lift Safety
Utility field personnel and supervisors responsible for temporary traffic control.
Electronic files only
Wayne State University, Transportation Research Group
Publication Date: 2013
Full Text URL: Link to URL
Phone: (313) 577-9154
Email: [email protected]
Topics: Maintenance Practices; Temporary Traffic Control; Traffic Control Plans