Designing Temporary Traffic Control Zones for Pedestrian Accessibility – Grant Course
One-day instructor-led course intended to make participants aware of the pedestrian accessibility requirements of the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and their applicability to highway work zones. The course will focus on practical solutions to real-world situations.
- Identify applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and standards pertaining to accessibility for persons with disabilities.
- Discuss their application in temporary traffic control zones.
- Identify some of the challenges in the Public Right-of-Way (PROW) faced by persons with disabilities.
- Review design elements necessary for achieving accessibility in the PROW.
- Identify contractors’ best practices and provide real-world examples under various conditions