Intermediate Maintenance of Traffic Refresher
Intermediate Maintenance of Traffic qualification is required for any person placing temporary traffic control devices or relocating devices in or alongside the roadway to implement a traffic control plan to route roadway users including pedestrians and bicyclists safely around work operations. Responsibilities include:
- Read and understand roadway temporary traffic control plan
- Setup cones, drums, or other traffic control devices as depicted on traffic control plan
- Maintain and replace traffic control devices in work zones, as needed
- Recognize dangerous driver behavior in work zone and notify Worksite Traffic Supervisor
- Shift traffic control devices, as needed for construction phasing operations
- Take down cones, drums, or other traffic control devices work zones
- Stop, release, and slow traffic including pedestrians and bicyclists using approved devices
- Guide traffic through work zone transitions
- Communication with additional flaggers in work zone
- Identify dangerous situations and warn work crews
- Ability to physically stand for long periods and move quickly
- Be vigilant to approaching traffic, work crews, and phasing during construction operations
The two-day course is required if your Intermediate Maintenance of Traffic / Temporary Traffic Control qualification expiration date has passed.
A Current Intermediate Maintenance of Traffic / Temporary Traffic Control qualification is required for Refresher course.
Length: 8 hrs.
Locations: Florida (FL)
Website: Link to URL
Record Types: Courses and Programs
Topics: Temporary Traffic Control