Certified Flagger Training
This course is designed to teach students the tools of the trade:
- Stop, slow, and release traffic using a stop paddle or how to control traffic using a flag if needed.
- Spot different types of drivers and know how to deal with them.
- Control traffic on a two-way road and how to use different methods to talk with other flaggers.
- Setup and control traffic on haul roads or in other special flagging situations.
- Know what to do when you have to setup and handle night flagging.
- Talk with the public, supervisor, and co-workers.
- In the end you will know enough to pass a two-part exam.