- This event has passed.
American Society of Safety Professionals
06/27/2022 – 06/29/2022 CDT
ASSP’s annual safety conference is the nation’s leading industry event. Apply to speak at this conference and contribute to the professional conversation about safety.
Learn About Our Conference
Safety 2021 conference website
Safety 2022 Call for Presenters
ASSP Professional Development Conference and Exposition
Safety 2022 | June 27-29, 2022 – Chicago, IL and Online
Safety 2022 Program Objectives
Safety 2022 will provide a forum for occupational safety and health (OSH) professionals to:
- Identify key issues facing OSH professionals
- Expand their knowledge and professional skills
- Prepare for the challenges in the OSH fields
- Engage in the discourse concerning the profession
- Identify emerging issues relevant to the profession
Proposal and Policy Guidelines
ASSP invites those interested in presenting at its 2022 Professional Development Conference to submit a proposal for review by our Conference Planning Committee. Speaker proposals are evaluated objectively with consideration of the following criteria:
- Degree to which the proposed session meets the conference/program objectives
- Speaker’s presentation skills and experience
- Desirability of the topic
Proposals to present must contain and convey sufficient detail to allow ASSP’s Conference Planning Committee to understand how the proposed session will contribute to the conference objectives. Selection is competitive, so you must submit a compelling and complete proposal.
Details to Submit a Proposal – CLOSED
We’ve extended the deadline for submissions to Oct. 15, 2021.
No more than two proposals from one speaker will be considered. Please complete a separate application for each proposal. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Length of Presentation
Presentations are 1 hour, including 15 minutes for questions.
Describe your presentation and specify expected learning outcomes for attendees. Maximum length is 600 words. Indicate the session level. Levels are evaluated with respect to attendee experience with a topic as follows:
- Beginner: 0 to 4 years’ experience
- Intermediate: 5 to 10 years’ experience
- Advanced: 10 plus years’ experience
- Executive: Senior safety management
Specify one to three primary learning outcomes for your session.
Describe why this topic is relevant to attendees and the profession. Maximum length is 150 words.
Describe (or list) the presenter’s relevant speaking experience, at ASSP’s annual Professional Development Conference, other society presentations and/or presentations in other venues. Maximum length is 300 words.
Offer a brief (no more than 600 words) description of the applicant(s) qualifications that relate to the presentation topic. As a minimum, include:
- Current position
- Certifications, Designations
- Contact information (work phone number and e-mail) for three references
- Noteworthy articles and publications from the past 3 years (up to 5 items)
Provide a 50-word (maximum) description of the presentation to be included in the conference brochure.
Notification of acceptance will be emailed no later than February 25, 2022.
Individual speakers (one to two speakers per session) receive a full complimentary conference registration. Group/panel presenters receive a complimentary registration for the day on which they speak and a reduced rate for the balance of the conference. Travel, lodging and meal expenses are the responsibility of the speaker.
Submit your proposal
Please contact ASSP’s Professional Development staff.