Flagger training and certification requirements
From Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction:
Use flaggers that have completed and passed a flagger training program approved by the State Construction Office before flagging. A three-day grace period will be allowed to meet this requirement in an unplanned emergency situation. Ensure that flaggers are tested every three years. Ensure flaggers have a current certification card in their possession when they are on the project or the supervisor has a list on hand of all certified flaggers.”
From WYDOT Traffic Control Flagger Certification Approved Programs:
“WYDOT standard specifications require flaggers to have completed and passed a flagger training program approved by the State Construction Office. Below is a list of approved Flagger Certification Programs for use on WYDOT projects:
- Wyoming Flaggers Traffic Control Certification
- Produced by the AGC of Wyoming and WYDOT and designed and administered through the WYT2 Center.
- Information on the course, directions for registration, and the list of certified flaggers which is updated weekly can be found here: WYT2 Flagger Course
- Please contact the WYT2 Staff with website issues or questions at: [email protected] or call 307-766-6743.
- American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA)
- Offers classes in-person or online.
- Information can be found on the ATSSA website: ATSSA Flagger Training”