Flagger training and certification requirements
From Oklahoma Department of Transportation Guidelines for Temporary Traffic Control:
A flagger should be trained in safe traffic control practices and public contact techniques and should
demonstrate all the following abilities:
1. Receive and communicate specific instructions.
2. Move quickly to avoid danger from vehicles.
3. Control signaling devices to provide clear and positive guidance.
4. Understand and apply safe traffic control practices in stressful or emergency situations.
5. Recognize dangerous traffic situations and warn workers in sufficient time to avoid injury.”