Safe Practices for Law Enforcement Personnel Operating in Highway Work ZonesAbstract:
This guideline highlights safe practices for law enforcement personnel operating in work zones. It lists and compares common practices, such as presence versus enforcement, and also includes checklists for items to consider in the field. Safe cruiser positioning suggestions are also included to assist in developing plans for work zone detail as well as policies on the owner-agency side. This pocket size guide is also available in hard copy.
– Project roles and responsibilities
– Communication among key stakeholders
– Temporary traffic control basics
– Safe positioning based on type of project
– Visibility for drivers
– Typical application diagrams
Planning, Design, and Construction
This guideline is intended for work zone policy makers, designers, construction personnel, and law enforcement officers.