Traffic Control Device Analysis, Testing, and Evaluation Program: FY2018 ActivitiesAuthor/Presenter: Finley, Melisa D.; Pike, Adam M.; Park, Eun Sug; Wu, Lingtao; Theiss, LuAnn; Brewer, Marcus A.; Fitzpatrick, Kay; Avelar, Raul; Barrette, Timothy P.
This project provides the Texas Department of Transportation with a mechanism to conduct high-priority, limited-scope evaluations of traffic control devices. Work conducted during the 2018 fiscal year included:
- Evaluation of the safety of wet-weather pavement markings.
- Identification of effective work zone pavement marking removal techniques.
- Review of raised retroreflective pavement marker practices in other states.
- Identification of current uses and effectiveness of safety corridors.
- Hosting of a wrong-way driving forum.
- Assessment of pedestrian crashes on freeways and high-speed arterials.
- Review of the design and application of lane control signs on frontage roads.
- Review of the application of embedded light-emitting diodes in signs.