Work Zone Temporary Traffic Control Plan SoftwareAbstract:
The Wayne State University – Transportation Research Group has developed products to assist users with creating temporary traffic control plans (TTCPs) and understanding the challenges and characteristics of urban, utility, and short-term, short-duration, and mobile (STSDM) work zones. These products also provide possible mitigation strategies and countermeasures that will assist in maintaining safety and mobility in the work zone. The following products have been developed to assist users with work zone safety:
- TTCP Software: Automated software tool that allows users to determine a typical TTCP based on site and roadway characteristics
- Compendium: Customized search engine that allows users to query a comprehensive set of work zone safety documents based on a category and keyword chosen
- Guidelines: Various guides providing tools to assist those involved in highway work zone planning, design, implementation, and operation
- Completed Training Sessions: National training program focusing on TTCP development for utility, urban, and STSDM work zones
- Work Zone Crash Data Webinar: Webinar that focuses on work zone crash data collection, reporting, and safety analysis
- Work Zone Case Studies: Set of case studies showing various real-life work zone scenarios and setups
- State Crash Report Forms: Landing page that includes every state crash report form, including the District of Columbia, along with supplemental reports
Engineers, planners, field personnel, foreman, safety inspectors, and other individuals involved with work zone temporary traffic control.
You may download the work zone safety products to your hard drive and use them locally on your machine. Please follow the instructions provided in the Read Me file for installation.