Positive Protection: Multi-Part Training Course
The course provides foundational knowledge on how to limit worker and motorist exposure in work zones. The course summarizes the factors that can influence the decision to use positive protection and other strategies to minimize worker exposure and incorporate the standards and guidelines set forth in the Temporary Traffic Control Devices rule (Subpart K). Specifically, this course focuses on the different types of positive protection devices available, provides guidelines on their use, and identifies the characteristics of construction projects that are most suited for positive protection devices.
- Background for positive protection
- Types of positive protection
- Factors to consider in determining the need for positive protection
- Other measures to reduce worker exposure
- Positive protection decision-making process
Phase: Planning, Design
Format: Self-paced web based voice over with closed captioning.
Publication Date: 2018
Record Types: Courses and Programs; Tutorials
Topics: Temporary Traffic Control; Work Zone Safety; Worker Safety